How to Look For and Find Your Motivational Jewel
This seems like a simple question, but one that may not be that easy to answer. if you aren’t currently exercising – what will motivate you to exercise? In other words, what is your motivational Jewel?
It’s very personal. You are the only person on the planet that knows the secret of what makes you take action on a goal (or not). What is that ‘jewel’ for you? If you don’t know what it is, will you take the time to find it?
How to Find Your Motivational Jewel
So ask yourself – what is ‘near and dear’ to your heart? What are you afraid of? Proud of? What do you get excited about?
Motivation to exercise can be excitement for looking and feeling better, fear that they will lose their ability to get around if they do not exercise, pride in how they look. Basically, any emotion known to man can be a motivating factor for you. You just have to find the right one for you.
Here are some examples:
- Unknown: someone with lazy tendencies can exercise more in a week than most people. They are worried about what will happen to them if they don’t exercise.
- Aging: another person may be starting to feel aches and pains and exercise to relieve their stiffness so they feel better.
- Health: yet another person might have heard they have a disease and need to exercise if they want a better quality of life.
- Youth: someone else may like they way they look and want to feel and act as young as possible as long as possible.
- Independence: another person may be having a hard time getting up from a chair so they want to work on exercising those muscles so they can get up without assistance. They want to be independent as long as possible.
- Benefits: someone who has been exercising and are starting to feel the effects. Their clothes fit better and they feel healthier, so they are excited to continue.
So, do you see what I mean?
There are lots of reasons to be motivated to exercise. We just have to find one that’s right for you. You are unique and special and I bet you can think of a some even better than those listed here. Some that can help you get and stay motivated to exercise. For you.
Think about your motivation
Now you just have to find that motivation. Will you take the time to find it? To find that jewel of inspiration? If you do, use it to get started or go a little further. And I promise it will be well worth it. Why? Because we are human and we need to be active. We were made to be active. And once you get past that one (1) or two (2) month mark, it will become habit and we all know how hard habits are to break.
So, will you find your motivation to exercise, because it is good for you? A jewel of a present from you to you – and once you find it – PRICELESS !
More resources to help you find your motivation:
Please comment and let us know how you do – you may just motivate someone else reading this!
As always, thank you for spending time with us today. Let us know if this helped you find your motivational jewel!