To go along with the exercise guidelines and workouts, see the planner and journal below to help you get started.
Now that you know how much you need to do for each exercise type, check out our Workout Routines. These are for beginners but they can be used by those of you with intermediate and advanced skills, you can add wrist and/or ankle weights to increase your strength.
Planners & Journals (see guidelines)
- Weekly Exercise Planner – each section has a 1 page explanation of how to complete your journal, followed by exercises you can print and take to the gym
- Warm-Up followed by 3 Warm-up exercise examples *do dynamic stretching here
- Core followed by 6 Core exercise examples
- Upper-Body followed by 6 Upper-Body exercise examples
- Lower-Body followed by 8 Lower-Body exercise examples
- Cool-Down followed by 3 Cool-Down *do static stretching here
- Overall: record each session
Weekly Workout Planner – Convenient, easy-to-read, 32 page printable format with one exercise per page. Customize your plan by printing the pages for the exercises in your routine.
Weekly Workout Journal – print these 3 pages for the week and record your journal. It’s a great feeling to see what you’ve accomplished!
Fill in the details of your workout for those exercises you chose in your planner.
– the first two (2) pages of these exercise guidelines explain the basic types of exercises and how many days per week you should do them. The next 3 pages are blank. Pick the type of exercise you want (moderate, vigorous or a mix) and print the journal page for that type. List your goals at the top of each page and fill in what you plan to do each week (no guesswork). After your plan is complete, review to be sure you are exercising all of your major muscles.
Physical Activity Guidelines – Physical Fitness Guidelines explained with a printable journal to log your progress. Be sure to visit our Information page to learn more about each type of exercise – Balance, Endurance, Flexibility and Strength.
∗ Important: Always Check With Your Doctor Before Starting Any Exercise Program…
If you prefer a pre-printed journal, here’s an example of Amazon’s Choice, 5-Star Journal…
Click to Shop Amazon…
amzn_assoc_tracking_id = “p03977-20”;
amzn_assoc_ad_mode = “manual”;
amzn_assoc_ad_type = “smart”;
amzn_assoc_marketplace = “amazon”;
amzn_assoc_region = “US”;
amzn_assoc_design = “enhanced_links”;
amzn_assoc_asins = “B073CGGGQ3”;
amzn_assoc_placement = “adunit”;
amzn_assoc_linkid = “33d69221f9ebab4d4aa7cb9254c023f3”;
Source: Physical Activity Guidelines